Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

why CA?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 11, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not trying to be a punk or anything... but not that long ago this was a Northwest-only forum... and didn't include California. Why exactly did that change? Our forum is filled with lots of stuff that doesn't apply to us Northwesterners now. I think this happened a while back when I wasn't very active. Was there a good reason, or were lines drawn on a map just for giggles? Nuttin against you guys from CA... but stuff in this kind of forum (local FS, or get togethers) pretty much don't apply to us up here...

:confused:

j

2. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status

HTML:
    Our forum is filled with lots of stuff that doesn't apply to us Northwesterners now.
    Well none of the post about meets in portland and this and that in Washington does not apply to us in California. Whats you point? But then again, I guess it's not "Our forum" :rolleyes:

3. jekbrown

I thought it was pretty obvious. lol! The point is: it makes a LOT more sense to have seperate forums for NW people and SW people.

It used to be that way in the past, which begs the question, why did it ever change?

j

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As far back as i remember California was always in this forum. :confused:

5. jekbrown

I guess ya gotta be old skool. :thumb:

j

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Jeez!
    I thot it'd be obvious by now. It's a plot. We're invading! :D

7. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Yeah, didn't you catch the intro with Rod Serling?; "You are entering the twillight zone."
    :haha:

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Whats new? Then again... I kinda like the hot CA surfer chick laying next to me at night up here too.:D Someones gotta keep them warm in the cold northern climate...

9. kennyw

The forums were streamlined and split up so every state in the US and canada was part of a region...

10. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So what do you do when she finds out you don't have a tan, but RUST:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

11. sickels82

sickels82 Registered Member

What are you doing with my girlfriend...Just because I'm deployed...AAAhhh...this happens everytime!:doah:

12. jekbrown

Yeah... it seems it would work better if it were broke down just a wee bit more though. I think I would organize "the west" this way...

Northwest (OR, WA, maybe ID)

Soutwest (Cal, Nevada, arizona)

Mountain (montana, wyomin', utah, colorado, maybe ID)

I'm sure Steve-o doesn't give a crap what I think about all this, but it would work better that way for us NW guys. I get excited sometimes when I see a thread topic here so I click on it... only to find out that the cool event, item FS or whatever is in southern CA or something and therefore has as much to do with me as something from the New England region does. :crazy:

j

13. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

So Why would you care about an event when you don't even have a rig to wheel :haha: ? I do know what you mean and I'm just giving you some chit :wink1: . Those cali guys always have something going on . We have some great wheeling places up here and no one every has a get together . I've tried a few times to get people together and it seems most of the PNW guys are either web wheelers or their rig is perpetually being worked on :D .

14. jekbrown

sigh. :mad:

my truck isn't in a for-ever build... it just seems like it. lol! This is what happens when you are poor, but building a capable rig... it takes a loooot of time. Right now I need a rebuild kit for my 205 and my th400 (among other things). A rich guy would just pick up the phone and order 'em and get things rolling. Myself, I have to price search for weeks at a time trying to find a rock bottom price... then save up some $$$... then hope some bill doesn't pop up... and then finally, maybe, order the thing. ;)

I see these trans supply guys on ebay are selling full 205 rebuild kits for $139.99 again... time to make my move. :grin:

j

ps: CA sucks. :tongue1:

15. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Jason, you're a NW Coast snob!!

j/k Be grateful you don't live here, and only have to deal with some CA threads that have the best guys in CA trying to get together to drive our tree huggers crazy. Man, you should see the looks I've been getting at intersections lately. I just smile and throw a rev!

16. jekbrown

lol! I guess maybe I am... it all stems from the tidal wave of Californians that head up this way starting somewhere in the 90s. I don't mind Californians... I just wish they'd go home after awhile instead of staying. lol! I imagine "Native Americans" feel the same way about me. :grin:

j

17. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Dude...I feel your pain jek. I'm WAY south (east), like on the Mex border. LA is NOT SoCal to me, San Diego is SoCal. I'm 4 hours from LA. So Cal Big Dogs (CK5 offshoot) does me pretty much no good. I started my "own" thread in the garage for us few very SoCal-ers. I don't know if anyone minds, and it was really kinda by accident, but it works well. I don't suppose it would be a good idea for everyone to do it, it would mess up the Garage, and to tell the truth, I'm waiting for it to get moved to the Pacific Region. I think maybe some people like to follow along, though, so maybe it won't get moved. I hope. But yeah, to make a long story short...CA is long. Really long, and I think they should break it down more too.

18. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I remember seeing some graffiti in Bend, OR about 1978 that refered to the CA influx then. I think it's been going on for longer than that.

Every once in a while I hear talk of splitting the state into two states. Unfortunately the commonly mentioned line has me in So. CA, which would be dominated by Anti politics. Those very politics are usually what drives the idea.

19. kennyw

Heck, I've heard talk of splitting OR and WA into two states each for similar reasons... Eastern/Western... doubt it will ever happen though.

20. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Splitting CA I think makes more sense anyway. If only from a regional standpoint. The complete living situation in Brawley is quite a bit different than the situation in Yreka.

As far as a OR - WA split, I'd make them wet side/dry side states. Say call the combined dry side of both states "New Oregon" and the combined wet sides "New Washington". Or something like that. :D