CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Why EFI owners don't Program their own PROM's?

paulb001

Registered Member
Reaction score
uuummm....right

:dunno:Yeah. All of that. My rig is AWESOME but I'm kind of hamstrung by carburation!

Confedneck79K30

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
::shovel:: because at this point, one of y'all should've learned enough to be so upset you haven't tuned in the last 6.5 years and want to do it for practice....for free....for me..... :D

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
::shovel:: because at this point, one of y'all should've learned enough to be so upset you haven't tuned in the last 6.5 years and want to do it for practice....for free....for me..... :D
Well, we lost @eagle mark

There are some guys that know the HPtuners platform well enough to be of some use. Probably depends on what you want it to do

Russell

LLY Escalade Status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Tuning the MAF and tuning for fuel delivery is fairly straight forward. My hang-up has always been on setting the timing. I like to measure things and act on those measurements, not just fiddle around and see what sounds / feels best. Ideally a super high speed pressure sensor / spark plug combo to measure the pressure wave in the cylinder as the combustion takes so you can set your timing right at the peak would be my preference. Them things ain't cheap though!

An engine dyno with a load cell would be ideal as well, so you can hit all the fuel cells for real world data.

Then there are the other 10,000 variables in a common LS PCM all of which are super complicated and difficult to wrap your mind around.

Mastiff

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tuning the MAF and tuning for fuel delivery is fairly straight forward. My hang-up has always been on setting the timing. I like to measure things and act on those measurements, not just fiddle around and see what sounds / feels best. Ideally a super high speed pressure sensor / spark plug combo to measure the pressure wave in the cylinder as the combustion takes so you can set your timing right at the peak would be my preference. Them things ain't cheap though!

An engine dyno with a load cell would be ideal as well, so you can hit all the fuel cells for real world data.

Then there are the other 10,000 variables in a common LS PCM all of which are super complicated and difficult to wrap your mind around.

When there are too many variables to understand, that's when you apply modern machine learning. I don't have time or motivation, but it would be cool to build a neural network to run an engine. You just need to come up with a way to score its performance so it can be trained... smoothness, fuel efficiency, acceleration?

Top Bottom