CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

wtb:plastic collar piece off steering column gear selector fastens to

big d

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
please pm if u have this. application is for a 79' blazer. same column till ......81' ? btw, dont need whole column, just that piece intact. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I might have it but dont know what it looks like off the top of my head... Have a pic of one handy? I have a couple older auto columns from the mid 70's that have already had a few parts removed that I can check.

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
All the ones i've ever seen are the cast pot metal ones....the one he was going to get from me from my dads old burb is the cast type, but it is cracked.

Frogg89

Registered Member
Reaction score
He needs the plastic collar below that connects to the metal collar that you guys are talking about!! The gear indicator cable clips on to that. It moves with the metal one. Mine is busted too and spins free( Well it used to, I just taped it back up to the metal collar) Its been a few years and it works fine!!

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
well I have a complete column, but I don't know which piece you need still, or how to get it all apart.

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
the actual plastic piece that the tranny needle little cable end gets screwed to is the piece he needs.

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
OK how do I get the piece off? My column is complete, but it looks all metal just not sure which piece you need /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Point me in the right direction and I'll get it for ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

big d

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
pm muddytazz, he should be able to direct u. let me know what comes of it. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Top Bottom