CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Yeswelder New 5-in-one Welder?

Chevy305

6 Lug 14bsf Status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeswelder just came out with a 5 in one welder. Mig, flux core, tig, stick, and plasma cutting. Finally a multiprocess welder that includes a plasma cutter! Check it out, maybe get in on the early orders to save almost 50%. I've been getting flogged by their ads on FB so I figured why not and threw in a pledge to them. I guess targeted ads really work? The first units should be shipping in September so fingers crossed. Already looking forward to throwing my crappy Lincoln in the garbage.

I'm assuming the quality is similar to the newer Harbor Freight multiprocess welders and that's just fine by me as I'm a novice hobbyist and it usually takes me a couple years to go through a 2lb spool of wire.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ite&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=YesWelder

Last edited:

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing these ads as well. I finally found some of the pertinent specs...

"What is the recommended welding thickness?
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-1-welder-and-cutter/faqs#project_faq_369405
MIG: .039"-0.19" (1.0-5.0mm)
TIG: .039"-.078" (1-2mm)
MMA: .059"-0.19" (1.5-5mm)

What is the recommended cutting thickness for the plasma cutter?

Max Severance Thickness: 0.5" (12.7mm) @220V@40A, 0.31" (8mm) @110V@30A
Max Rated Clean Cut Thickness: 0.27" (7mm) @220V@40A, 0.19" (5mm) @110V@30A"

Plasma seems decent to me for a hobby-level deal, but those others seem really small. Like around half what other $500 MIGs will do. And a 60% duty cycle on stuff that small, would seem like a lot of down time for anything other than REALLY small projects.

I do like the fact that there are a bunch of things it will do, but I'm not sure I want this thing, and then additional serious machines for real projects.

Chevy305

6 Lug 14bsf Status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well crap 1/4 is really the biggest that I weld in majority of my projects but I do have a welder-generator (use it only as a backup gen for the house) that I could use to burn anything heavier.

There was a review video where the guy used a 6" schd 40 pipe as a coupon to test out the welder through it's processes and he made some nice welds with it. :dunno:

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty welds, or welds that actually stuck?

You can get nice looking welds on heavy steel by cranking the heat up to max, but that doesn't mean the machine has the power to get the metal hot enough to make a strong weld.

I tried welding railroad track with my Eastwood light duty MIG. Looked great, every weld broke immediately under its own weight.

IIRC these light duty (read "cheap") machines tend(ed) to overheat and burn the circuit boards up, with thermal protection, even if you go overboard on the job, maybe it will last. TIG machines, even at harbor freight, are still in the $300+ range, with some decently negative reviews, so if this machine will hold up, it could be worth it, nearly for the TIG alone.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well crap 1/4 is really the biggest that I weld in majority of my projects but I do have a welder-generator (use it only as a backup gen for the house) that I could use to burn anything heavier.

There was a review video where the guy used a 6" schd 40 pipe as a coupon to test out the welder through it's processes and he made some nice welds with it. :dunno:
Usually the advertised specs are a bit overinflated. But would be neat to try it out.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
i'm leary of a multi-process machine... screws up and your down multiple tools... but the convenience for a small shop would definitely be a bonus......

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suspect part of what they are trying to do with this is make it portable. If they made a machine that was larger, they'd probably be able to get some better numbers.

I was pretty leery of the Eastwood MIG, but at this point it's probably got ten years on it. Don't weld a ton, but I've gone through a few one pound spools and an eight(or is it four?) As well.

These really are hobby grade, if you want to do serious jobs, you need to step up to serious machines.

Top Bottom