CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

‘87 K5 - Back in Black

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pathetic, but not real updates yet in terms to tangible progress. I’ve driven it probably 50-75 miles since buying it last April, but thats because its been parked at my fathers place (so not convenient to hop in and drive), and we had a son in September so I was focused on getting house ready to him, and then spending time with him. He is 6mo now, and I’m planning to get the k5 ready for cars & coffee in the coming weeks, and bring him along. I will be brining the k5 over to my place, so will be much easier to tinker with it.

Things I’m working on over the next couple weeks:

-Soft top has been ordered from ORD, says 4-6weeks, so hopefully it arrives by end of April.

-Pinstripe - I’m planning to cover up the painted pinstripe and add a more factory looking pinstripe. Because of how the painted pinstripe was done, the vertical on the front of fender did not taper like factory, so I can use one of the couple available factory replica pinstripe kits that are available; must be custom made. That will hopefully be completed within the 4-6weeks.

-Exhaust tailpipe routing. Will be swapping to side exit vs the existing straight out the back, to get rid of the interior fumes with the rear window down, especially now that my son will
Be riding along. Current exhaust is all welded up, but I’ve found some nice 90* mandrel bent pipes I plan to use for the tailpipes in the near factory location on both sides. Plan to complete this in the next 2-3weeks.

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Testing out what the pin stripe will look like before the vinyl shop makes it. This is just $5 pinstripe to quickly simulate and confirm the width I want for each band. Just tested on the tailgate, easy enough to get good idea of what it’ll look like. Yep, much better! Cant wait to get it all on!

3B1B9746-8E11-498C-BC70-24633DE92B7D.jpeg

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful truck.

On the emblems, I thought the tailgate emblem would have "Fuel Injection" directly under "Blazer"?

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful truck.

On the emblems, I thought the tailgate emblem would have "Fuel Injection" directly under "Blazer"?
Apparently that emblem is an ‘87 only thing. The placement is factory as well. I just learned that myself, so thanks for asking!

muddybuddy

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
No real update, except that soft top showed up last night, excited to get that on at some point in the next week or so. Pinstripe is printed and will be shipped this coming week. Mandrel bent 90*’s and new tips showed up last night as well, hopefully get those on this weekend.

Pops and I went out to local cars & coffee spot this morning, was nice to get out with the near perfect weather

2207427A-D8D1-4D7B-B132-6443FDB79076.jpeg

Top Bottom