CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1974 K10 Dirty Sancho

Saved from cruel and unusual punishment

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
1974 C10

Craigslist find I ran across last Friday that I ended up taking home Saturday AM.

1974 C10 (pre-smog here in CA)
Custom Deluxe Longbed
350/th350 (TBI swap in process)
Spanish Gold Paint/Brown interior

Supposedly an old man owned this truck up until a year ago when the PO bought it. The PO had some questionable taste, some shit he did actually makes me a little upset, you'll see what I'm talking about it. Here are few photos from when I got it back home.

View attachment 230360

Read more about this build here...

IMG_3251sm.jpg

IMG_3256sm.jpg

IMG_3257sm.jpg

IMG_3258sm.jpg

IMG_3259sm.jpg

IMG_3260sm.jpg

IMG_3261sm.jpg

IMG_3263sm.jpg

Last edited:

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The PO says that he got the truck running and driving on the TBI however he had fuel tank issues and burned up a couple pumps. He removed the saddle tank hangers so I would need to source those if I want to keep the OE saddle tank. There's a new pump that came with the truck. All the wiring work is a mess, wires twisted together and piggyback connectors everywhere.

I have a new edelbrock manifold, mechanical fuel pump, HEI and a k5 24 gallon tank sitting in the garage. Not sure if I should try and make the TBI work or throw a carb setup back on it.

Then of course I need to de-fuk all the rubber matting he screwed to the tailgate, bed floor, dash etc. I'm hoping I can get one of those 3M overspray paint removal wheels and get that god awful black paint off the top of the bed rails too.

In the end I just want to get this running and driving, not sure what the long term goal is but I have some stupid ideas in my head but those will need to wait until the K10 is done.

Last edited:

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Big block, doubler 14/60 turbo400... oh wait you already did that.

I went through that same mental thought process :D

Part of me wants to put a D44 under the front and use it as is, keep it pretty OE and unmolested. Other part of me wants to bag it.

First thing's first, get it running.

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I went through that same mental thought process :D

Part of me wants to put a D44 under the front and use it as is, keep it pretty OE and unmolested. Other part of me wants to bag it.

First thing's first, get it running.
Bag it. Do it man...

AbramJ

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd leave it mostly stock myself, especially since the actual sheet metal looks unmolested, but that's just me.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Lol!

If I was close I would donate you the fuel tank holders for it.

I thew out my brackets from the K10 however I may just swap in my extra 24 gal K5 tank.

I'd leave it mostly stock myself, especially since the actual sheet metal looks unmolested, but that's just me.

I won't touch the body, it has nice patina. I'd love to find the correct tailgate in Spanish Gold if anyone runs across one.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Whats with the Canucks calling dibs on all the ghey stuff on this truck?

Can I have the floor mats?

Top Bottom