CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1975 Chevy K5 2 door window weatherstripping problem

feregie

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have a 75 K5 Cheyenne model, where the roll up windows do not roll up into a frame, it is frameless. I am trying to replace the weatherstrip that mounts to the chevy body which the window seals against when the door/window is closed.
I bought from LMC truck part number 38-6952 called "door seal set-on shell" and it is impossible to install this! The weatherstrip mostly fits into the metal frame that is existing for the weatherstrip, but at either end, it just doesn't fit into the space. Also it is maybe 5 inches too long. I can't seem to find a part that would fit my vehicle. I have a fiberglass removable hard top. Also the rubber weatherstrip is very hard, so it doesn't seal against the window as the original weatherstrip, which now even though it was old, is looking way better than this new stuff that doesn't fit at all.
help!

blazer.jpg

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been reading that LMC parts aren't the best...sigh.

Have you contacted them?

Hopefully you hear from others that have purchased seals elsewhere that fit. Unfortunately, intuition tells me that all the aftermarket seals are probably made by one or two overseas companies, so the likelihood of them all being wrong, at least a particular batch, is pretty high.

GM doesn't sell them anymore I assume? There is a reason the GM parts cost so much. They work.

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cheyenne truck parts has better stuff.

I trimmed the LMC stuff down and glued it together to get it to fit. After that it worked great. I also used glue to hold in the weather stripping

Top Bottom