CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

1st year for computer controled carbs?

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
All I can say with certainty is 1985 at the latest. Parts manual shows them then.

They started on cars in 1981, so no reason they COULDN'T start on trucks then, but I highly doubt that it was that early.

Hopefully someone else out there has some manuals from '81-84 and can answer if they are shown in those.

Is there a particular reason you want to know? Just curious?

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My 85' had it, hipinion's 85 also has it. I think it started in the 82-84' models. Not a very good system and it's a pain to work on those stupid carbs. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Smitty

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
My 82 didn't have it so I'm guessing 83. Went through the 82 shop manual and it doesn't mention CCC.

CHEVY 4WD

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I never knew there was a computer controled q-jet or even a computer controled carb for that matter... I DO know there were computer controled TBI fuel injection though if that what you mean, yes it looks like a carb but is deffentally not one BTW the first TBI went on trucks in 87 UNLESS it was a cali. truck or some other rare occations then it went on earlier.

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Trust me...there is LOTS of computer controlled carb setups in the early to mid 80's GM cars and mid 80's GM trucks with the california emmissions. When you turn the key on there should be a clicking noise that lasts for about 10 seconds or so. The Q-jets look almost the same but you will notice a few extra electrical plugs on the carb along with a selonoid looking thing in front of the throttle lever. It is not TBI injection that I am talking about.

Top Bottom