CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

73 K5 Build / past the point of return

73 K5 Blazer restoration

Billboard_Guy

Reaction score
“Does anyone know what this flange on the rear of the frame was for? It's just ahead of the fuel tank crossmember. Someone cut it out for some reason. It doesn't look like it carried across to the other side.”

I have the exact same question for my 73’. Looks like it was cut it a torch at some point, but was not in use when I started tearing the vehicle apart.

73K5BlazerSS

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently it is an exhaust hanger. From a few image searches I've seen I believe it was triangular shape and hung out about 10 inches. I was going to recreate it on mine but said screw it.

1300obo

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah, somebody cut mine too but left enough to still use it to hang exhaust on that side. that body looks really nice to be a new england truck!

Billboard_Guy

Reaction score
Just got my new gas tank, fuel lines, brake lines and clips. Now I just have to remember / map out which holes the clips went in. I have been slowly printing off a old repair manual, but not a full schematic to be found so far. I have a 76’ sitting next to it that I’m using for reference but it’s not exactly the same.

73K5BlazerSS

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's funny I'm at the same spot with my truck. Last night I looked at the old brake lines trying to figure out where the new ones go. The old lines have been cut and pieced together with hose and altered so much they really don't help much. If I get them in soonI'll post pics of the bolt locations on mine.

Billboard_Guy

Reaction score
I’ll try to do the same, although I’ll have to upgrade my account here to do so. I’m just now getting back to my 73’ frame off that I started 2 years ago. A house remodel got in the way. I have taped the holes I think it used but still unsure of which clip goes where, as some hold 3 lines. Still need to straighten the new lines out. I used pour15 for the frame suspension and axles after blasting.

73K5BlazerSS

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not really concerned with fuel mileage ( it won't be a daily driver) and I like the full time 4x4 setup. I won't be doing any real off roading with this truck.
I have a 2006 sierra and in 16 years I've probably only really needed 4 wheel drive 6 maybe 8 times. I'm weird... when we get snow I keep it in 2 wheel drive to see if I can get home without 4x4. Most of the time I don't need it. I definitely slide and spin but I guess I like the challenge.
I know its weird, although everyone seems to dislike the NP203 there's something about it that I like.

73K5BlazerSS

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally bent my fuel lines and tightened everything up. I used the factory exhaust hanger that someone cut off as a bracket for the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks to @folkenheath for setting me up with the right parts for my L83 swap.

I'm almost ready to drop the body back on. I'm sure it will come off again for something I'm not thinking of or forgot.

20220916_132949.jpg

20220916_132937.jpg

20220916_132922.jpg

Top Bottom