CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

A new truggy moves!

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
New pics!

665.jpg

666.jpg

667.jpg

I'll be wheelin it by the middle of this week, going to go pick up some speed bleeders for my brakes tomorrow, can't quite seem to get all the air out and there a bit squishy. Then I need to throw some mud flaps on and I'm good to go /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
That looks really good, is that your trail rig, or DD too? Great work! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wasn't that a $25K+ K3500 at one time? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
No, it was a $37k K3500 at one time, a 96, and it had beautiful straight sheet metal that I just loved cutting up, oh I can't get enough of it /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
ur sick

but that fricken truck is amazing! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif nice job! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
That looks sweet. I love the originality. BUT, whatever possed you to hack it like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, cause I like to, uh, 4 wheel, and the places I go, uh, need more clearance and stuff and junk... It's not a poser street truck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sheetmetal just gets in the way, I'm suprised I left as much as I did... The bed sides come off for the trail, they are just on to keep me somewhat legal on road. And I lub my new departure angle.

Zeus33rd

Smarter than you
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
No, it was a $37k K3500 at one time, a 96, and it had beautiful straight sheet metal that I just loved cutting up, oh I can't get enough of it

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, cause I like to, uh, 4 wheel, and the places I go, uh, need more clearance and stuff and junk... It's not a poser street truck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sheetmetal just gets in the way, I'm suprised I left as much as I did... The bed sides come off for the trail, they are just on to keep me somewhat legal on road. And I lub my new departure angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. My thoughts exactly. I might have to plagerize your words there when people ask me the same questions... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
OK $h!t on the newbie. Ha Ha. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

thezentree

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
that is a wild crew cab, to say the least. i still cant get over the fact that that's gonna be used to tow a 5th wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

rezzy joe, how'd you do that coloring?

BadDog

SOL
Staff member
Super Moderator
Author
Reaction score
Looks great, very clean job! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

It doesn't matter what you cut up, if it's not a complete rust bucket, people will whine and complain. You wouldn't believe the hate mail I got for cutting up a "perfectly good, restoreable M1008 CUCV". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I even had people begging me not to cut my clean, rust free frame after the body was gone.

Resurrection_Joe

1 ton status
Reaction score
What do you want, crew cab JP style or in 5 years a busted ass contractors truck thats scratched and dented to hell and trashed? Do you wan't to restore that thing after you peel all the tar and cement off of it?

Do you want KJ's dovetailed K5 or some loser 16 year old driving a K5 back and forth to school until it falls apart, he's too inept to fix it and has no money to have someone else fix it, so it goes to the crusher for $15 in scrap.

Most of the "classics" that get "restored" are turned into half assed show trucks that populate ebay and get passed around like a bad colecovision that no one can bear to throw away but no one really cares about.

Yeah lets save everything, restore it all, and chuck it in a garage and never drive it to preserve it. Oh yeah lets close all off road trails fence off the outdoors and look at it from a distance.

No one should bitch about anyones rigs, especially when they come out like Jason's and Jethro's

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Oh, Kid Jethro can back me up on the fact that my rear sheet metal used to get in the way, he's seen it first hand /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Sandman

3/4 ton status
Author
Reaction score
I've had to put up with it too and I hav'nt done near as mouch. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

BTY: Nice truck! I like how it has turned out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Top Bottom