Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC hose question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BayouBlazer88, Mar 31, 2004.

1. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

This past summer I converted my stock 88' V-belt setup to a serpentine setup from a 91' suburban. I also got the AC compressor from the burban which I mounted up but never connected. Not having any type of AC tools to evacuate the system I just took my old compressor (with the hose still attached) and set it underneath my battery tray where it still sits today. I'd like to reconnect my AC pretty soon because summer heat starts early down here in Louisiana and I've put it off for a while because I thought I needed a new hose. I was always under the impression that the AC hose from a 88 (driver side compressor mount) was different than the hose from 89-91 (passenger side compressor mount) since the compressor is farther away from the condenser on an 88. But when I was looking in the LMC truck catalogue, they only had one hose listed for 87-91 and a different one listed for 85-86. I thought that it was a misprint thinking that the 85-86 hose was actually for 85-88 and the 87-91 hose was really for 89-91. I called them up and they were pretty sure that what was listed was correct. So anyway, is the compressor hose for a 1988 the same as 1989-1991? And can I use my current hose for the newer compressor?

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

as long as it reaches and bolts on the same, it will work, length of the hoses doesn't matter as long as they reach and seal