Access panel idea for getting to in-tank fuel pump.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Jul 9, 2006.

  1. CK5

    CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

    May 19, 1999
    Likes Received:
    BT "Before Truggy" I wanted to put an access panel in the floor above the fuel pump, never could find one. Was on A&A site getting some tabs etc. and came accross this under new products, looks like it would be nice to use for those of you who need to change your in-tank fuel pump.
  2. goldwing2000

    goldwing2000 Guest

    I've always just cut a square hole and then welded some overlap metal around the outside of the cut-out piece. Drill some holes in the overlap metal and screw it back down to the hole where it came out. Squirt some RTV under it if you want to seal the hole.

    Perfect fit every time! And cheap, too!

    If you want to get fancy, you can install riv-nuts into the floor and put on a hinge but since it shouldn't be opened up all that much, I figure a semi-permanent installation works just fine.

Share This Page