CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

anyone used a cheap transmission jack?

gonefishin

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I really need a transmission jack and i'll probably only use it 2-3 times a year. I don't want to go crazy expensive. I was going to get a derek weaver model, but they keep raising the price and are out of stock. I also would rather have a 2 stage and be foot operated. I have been looking at summit, jegs, amazon, ebay, harbor freight, etc.

This seems to be at the top of my list. And it has a year warranty...

Anyone have any input or used one of these? I'm sure it's china... but it looks better than the harbor freight one and has a lot better features.

1-ton

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am sure this trans jack will work just fine for a home hobby use. All the hydraulic jacks that come from Harbor Freight, e-bay, auto parts stores, and so on come off the same Chines assembly line. It does not matter who you buy it from...there all the same.

dhcomp

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive used the scissor transmission jack at HF. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. They work, a few times. Dropped the trans out of my BMW, and used it to drop a full fuel tank out of the burb. I've been operating with a 1/2" impact wrench, so it's days are probably limited. :deal:

TJ1978

I have MANY questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the harbor freight one and it’s worked fine... not perfect but fine. Also used to hoist up my np203 for install and removal. Worked fine.

49B8E194-31C8-421C-B9AA-DFEFDB8F435E.jpeg

802916DA-E278-401E-BA7B-FA2F9CE2F118.jpeg

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That style put my 800 pond EF 10 speed in the Frankenliner. Worked great. OP is looking for an under lift version.

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am also looking because I don't have any friends to thread the bolts.

And I can not just press it up there.

jake 03

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same one you are looking at and it does work. Its a pos compared to a professional quality one,but a good one is $1k plus. I have done a bunch of stuff with mine including a couple of Allisons and it always does the job. I did end buying a nice jack recently but the ChinaJack still works. 20210423_204426.jpg

centexk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive used the scissor transmission jack at HF. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. They work, a few times. Dropped the trans out of my BMW, and used it to drop a full fuel tank out of the burb. I've been operating with a 1/2" impact wrench, so it's days are probably limited. :deal:
Same. No complaints really. Dropped the t-case a few times and the trans in the bronco. So far so good.

Chief Brody

Chief of Amity Police
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I used a cheap Harbor Freight transmission jack to take out and put in my 375 LB NP203 transfer case. It survived that.

gonefishin

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found one on ebay that looks identical to the one i listed above. It has 1660 pound capacity and 2 year warranty. $252 shipped. I bought it. I'll report back how it works...

gone huntin

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have this one at home, it's foot powered and has a dual tilting plate. That was a must when I was shopping for them because I do a lot of front wheel drives. We have the air over hydraulic version at work and use the shit out of it and it works great. SUNEX trans jack sunex 7793b.jpg

Last edited:

gonefishin

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying the ebay one. Works great so far and has double tilting plate. I’ve used it 3 times now and only complaint is that the wheels are not very smooth… i may replace them at some point… so far so good and worth the $250

Top Bottom