CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

battery chargers....

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck with the Schumacher chargers at work. Currently I run this one. https://www.jbtools.com/schumacher-...-12-24v-manual-wheel-battery-charger-starter/
PSW61224_1__84827.1456260249.jpg

I know it's a big one but I just thought I would throw it up since I love it and want one for home. The handle is tall for tall guys like me. Regular charger handles are always that awkward height where I'm like partially bent over trying to drag the damn thing. This one does it all 6/12/24 volts. Fully manual. Trickle charge up to 24 volt boost. I detest auto chargers!

I've also used Associated brand commercial chargers for semis a lot and they were good quality. Not cheap to buy though.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
My NOCO arrived today. I opened it and threw it on the mower battery to try it out.

It behaved a it should. I may have to run the repair cycle on it if it keeps draining enough that it's hard to start.

20201228_164836.jpg

20201228_165010.jpg

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
i ran it on one of the bloated bats i took out of the fuRd that seemed to be having trouble in the rig... came up to a full charge, but i'll throw a load tester on it to see what i think... when they are swollen, I don't have much faith in em for long usually..

I do want to come up with a case for the set up tho.. soft case, pelican, sumfin that stores/transports it well..

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ran it on one of the bloated bats i took out of the fuRd that seemed to be having trouble in the rig... came up to a full charge, but i'll throw a load tester on it to see what i think... when they are swollen, I don't have much faith in em for long usually..

I do want to come up with a case for the set up tho.. soft case, pelican, sumfin that stores/transports it well..
I'm torn between a bag or possibly one of the pelican knockoffs from Hazard Fraught.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 10' extension cable showed up today and I went ahead and stuck it all in one of the HF cases I had laying around not in use anymore.

20201230_174122.jpg

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used it tonight on the Xterra while I rotated the tires to top off the battery. Didn't take long to fully charge it but I had to interrupt the optimization cycle to go pick up the youngest from dance.

I'll hook it back up this weekend and let it finish. I need to do my truck and the wife's Malibu too.

Big Ray

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss the old Craftsman one I had. Finally crapped out after 25+ years...

I've looked recently, all I see are those smallish brick style units.

I've got a bad feeling about them...

Mine had a 2/10/50 setting switch on it. Wish I could find one like it...

Top Bottom