CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

best way to remove gas from tank???

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's OOLLLDDD gas.i'm going to remove the sending unit and i can get to the top of the tank. i just can't get the tank out.i s there an easy way besides sucking through a hose? (by the by varnishy gas doesn't have much of a taste).there is probably 3 gal or so. i want to put in new gas this weekend and i'm lookin for a fast way.are there any cheap little hand pumps or something? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

big83chevy4x4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
meijer sell a syphon hand pump for like $5. just start pumping and when the fuel starts flowing gravity does the rest /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks bro. i'll be at the thrifty acres tommorow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
cool, brotha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
with the condensation and the old gas it keeps fouling the plugs,so i figure i'll get that old crap out of there and start with new gas and plugs.the last time it was warm here (about three weeks ago i cleaned the plugs six times and it still didn't start). so i want that sh!t outa there. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
thats how i know that old gas really has no taste.but i figured if no one knew i would ude a rag and just soak up what i couldn't siphen.that gas wouldn't burn with a match,even when i poured a new gallon and a 1/2 in the old. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Take a torch and cut yourself a small hole in the bottom of the tank. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
hahah thats funny..i was just about to post something like that hehehe /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
If there's only about 3 gallons in it, drop it pull the sender out and flip it upside down, take it to the car wash and spray it out a couple times then stop on the way home and get some of that bottled heet (removes moisture from the tank). Do what your going to do, reinstall the tank, dump in the bottle of heet and a can of gas. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thats what I've done so far, I'm up to the reinstalling portion, the tank is surly dry by now it been sitting in the garage for months! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

K1Orion

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Take a torch and cut yourself a small hole in the bottom of the tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plasma cutter would be faster. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that cause the tank to start on fire because of the gas in the tank?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that cause the tank to start on fire because of the gas in the tank?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it would...that is why it was a joke. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Here's your sign... J/K /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it would...that is why it was a joke. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Here's your sign... J/K /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm a Little slow today /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
your idea worked great,i'm writing to you from the university of michigan burn center.but the old gas is gone,THANKS oh, and so is the truck). another patient here says we have a good chance at a jod cuz there is a talent agent always looking for stunt doubles for freddie crugger. thanks again CRISPY formally known as boggerless /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

Top Bottom