Blazer Bash 2021 not Last Minute Thrash

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you figured which rig in the stable is getting built?

I have too many options:
I have an 88 blazer that has a TBI350/700R4/208 with a 4" Rancho lift and 3" body lift. strip the existing lift off, put on the other lift, I have bumpers and sliders for it and put a 44/14SF under it with 5.13's and run some 37s on it

and then I have this:
gm-truggy-1-jpg.258353

gm-truggy-2-jpg.258354

gm-truggy-3-jpg.258355

the 88 would be least amount of work, the 79 would be lightest, the trazer would be a lot of work and the truggy already has the tube work but would be the heaviest probably.

any suggestions?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well it’s probably the closest to being ready. Sell some stuff, update stuff it needs and the trailer and get to Moab

rderosier

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have too many options:
I have an 88 blazer that has a TBI350/700R4/208 with a 4" Rancho lift and 3" body lift. strip the existing lift off, put on the other lift, I have bumpers and sliders for it and put a 44/14SF under it with 5.13's and run some 37s on it

and then I have this:

the 88 would be least amount of work, the 79 would be lightest, the trazer would be a lot of work and the truggy already has the tube work but would be the heaviest probably.

any suggestions?

Too many cool options, gotta go with what you want to drive the most

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
We are not getting any younger. Hit the easy button. What does it need?

it has been sitting for a few years. I need to pull the plugs and squirt some Marvel in the cylinders and then let it sit. then try to fire it up. the transfer case bolt holes are stripped, I don't know which ones but I need to figure that out and helicoil them or somethng. I think @ZooMad75 had that problem. it has been sitting outside without the top on it so I need to power wash inside and outside real good. once I get it running good again then it is just cosmetic stuff. I have a set of different seats for it and a Tuffy Locking Console. I have a box for the back for trail supplies. I plan to sell the Pit Bull Rockers that are on it and put some radials on it for the street and maybe for the trail. I haven't really looked real good but I think the hail might have cracked the windshield but it will still pass inspection. just some general clean up on wiring and stuff. it has not had a mat or carpet in it so need to look into that. Line X the floor would be nice. it is actually an ex Air Force blazer.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
it has been sitting for a few years. I need to pull the plugs and squirt some Marvel in the cylinders and then let it sit. then try to fire it up. the transfer case bolt holes are stripped, I don't know which ones but I need to figure that out and helicoil them or somethng. I think @ZooMad75 had that problem. it has been sitting outside without the top on it so I need to power wash inside and outside real good. once I get it running good again then it is just cosmetic stuff. I have a set of different seats for it and a Tuffy Locking Console. I have a box for the back for trail supplies. I plan to sell the Pit Bull Rockers that are on it and put some radials on it for the street and maybe for the trail. I haven't really looked real good but I think the hail might have cracked the windshield but it will still pass inspection. just some general clean up on wiring and stuff. it has not had a mat or carpet in it so need to look into that. Line X the floor would be nice. it is actually an ex Air Force blazer.

Mine had the typical issue of the threads stripping out of the back of the 700r4 where the t-case adapter bolts to it. I used time-serts which is a solid steel thread insert. Only reason I used those is I have the time-sert kit at work that we use for replacing the threads on the blocks of the Cad Northstar V8 engines. A heli-coil properly installed would fit the bill too.

Time to get that truck inside and get to work!

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Got a few parts on the shelf as well as planning a few odds and ends. Really wanting to do a refresh on the truck and make it "different" for 2021

r3dd0g

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I should probably start looking at the S-10 one of these days.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Two days into my modifications, looking like I will be able to get some testing and tuning done.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Done already? What did you do, add stickers?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m sorry

Top Bottom