CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blazer Bash 2021 trail leaders needed.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are the trails being ran during this years event. We need a trail leader for each trail. A tail gunner for each would be great also.

Being a trail leader gets you all kinds of thank you accolades for volunteering and herding a group of cats through a remote part of a hostile desert. Oh, and a cool Trail Boss t-shirt.

It really does not take any special skill. Just be willing to admit that a U-turn needs to be made because you missed a turn. You will be supplied with a detail map of the the trail with a written description also. Actually, everyone gets this. So it will be everyone's fault when you get lost. Last year I lead a new sight seeing trail. Totally lost for most of it. Ended up walking in dinosaur tracks.

Post up which trails you would like to be involved in.

Change as of 05-06-21 Due to @Babaganoosh needing a pansy trail first day out, we moved this.

Friday Trails......Steel Bender, Behind The Rocks, Backwards Bill Backwards.

Saturday trails......Crack N back, Prichette, Cliffhanger.

Sunday.......Flat Iron Mesa, Metal Masher.

If you have questions about a trail or what is involved, you can ask here or PM ktmoutfront or bent77.

Registration will open June 1st, so we are moving forward.

Last edited:

DickeysK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to help with Steel Bender on Friday and Metal Masher on Sunday, either lead or tail gun whatever is needed. Saturday I plan to participate on Pritchette.

stan1688

Weld-it-yourself bumpers
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm a Moab noob still (only been once), but I'd be willing to be a tail-gunner for Crack N Back. If you're in a pinch, I suppose I could lead even though I've never been on the trail... :doah:

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to help with Steel Bender on Friday and Metal Masher on Sunday, either lead or tail gun whatever is needed. Saturday I plan to participate on Pritchette.
You are now on the list. I will let you know as we get closer what you will be leading. I am trying to get more people involved in being "Voluntold" to lead trails.
I'm a Moab noob still (only been once), but I'd be willing to be a tail-gunner for Crack N Back. If you're in a pinch, I suppose I could lead even though I've never been on the trail... :doah:
Thanks. Tail gunner at least.
I have lead on so many trails in my life, that I had never seen before, that I can not count them all. That is where my screen name came from. "Where are we riding today?" "I don't know, put the KTM out front and follow him." We had some epic adventures.

4door99

Still not allowed in the Jeeper club.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I hate to throw confusion in, but apparently I must. What about an additional trail option for Saturday? One with a little more challenge, but not the level of Pritchett. Cliffhanger didn’t work out last year for a Friday run. Group was too big and we all had to make the barbecue. I’ll lead it if some want to join, or make that attempt again on a Saturday?
Or, I can always lead a small group through Spike again. Spike never gets old and always seems to generate some of the best stories.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pick the size of the group you want to lead

4door99

Still not allowed in the Jeeper club.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Through Spike, I can handle up to 8 including myself and a tail gunner. And that’s the absolute cap.

cliffhanger, being that is an out and back trail done on Saturday, a large group can go and have a good time not being rushed by the short day for the barbecue. We just had too many for a Friday. IMO

DickeysK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are now on the list. I will let you know as we get closer what you will be leading. I am trying to get more people involved in being "Voluntold" to lead trails.

Thanks. Tail gunner at least.
I have lead on so many trails in my life, that I had never seen before, that I can not count them all. That is where my screen name came from. "Where are we riding today?" "I don't know, put the KTM out front and follow him." We had some epic adventures.
No problem being voluntold. To make it easier, I'll lead Steel Bender Friday and tail gun Metal Masher on Sunday.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I might lead a couple of trails that weekend.
I will lead Backwards Bill Backwards on Friday for @Babaganoosh .
I will lead Crack N Back on Saturday.
I will lead Metal Masher on Sunday.

Last edited:

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I think I might lead a couple of trails that weekend.
I will lead Backwards Bill Backwards on Friday for @Babaganoosh .
I will lead Crack N Back on Saturday.
I will lead Metal Masher on Sunday.
Backwards bill? Is that for all the flat bill bros? Is this the trail to the mall?

I actually have never heard of the trail, I'll be bringing a K5 with me and trying to setup my friend with trails that fit both of us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom