CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blazer/Jimmy Windshield Header Repair Kit now available - $315

ekajkrats

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just saw this, GMCPauls.com just listed they are now selling a 5 piece kit for $315.

Their blurb:
1969-72 Blazer / Jimmy upper windshield top header repair set. 5 piece set needed to repair the upper windshield frame for the 69-72 Blazer & Jimmy. precise reproduction of the original in original gauge steel coated in a EDP applied black primer finish. Now you can easily repair your Blazer or Jimmy upper windshield frame with this new 5 piece set. Ships Oversized II in its own specially made box and requires separate shipping costs from other items in order. Box size 62" X 9" X 8"

Linky:
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Patch_Panels.htm

Their pic:
6972BlazerJimmyUpperWinshieldHeaderrepairkit.jpg

-Jacob

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed that they now offer REAL 1st Gen Blazer bedsides now too.....

No more cutting down SWB truck bedsides to fit (like I've had to do).

$1300/pr. Not bad considering its the entire outer skin, inside skin and interior wheel arch parts.

-G

mac907

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Dang... just getting word of this about 2 months too late. I hacked the windshield frame/cowl/dash off a 71' donor this spring to supply my 69' with parts... One less 1st gen out there now. Hopefully this newly available part will save a bunch of K5s from the chopping block.

ashman

What's a pigeonrat??
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
awesome! Glad they are making the part now. I may need it before too long too.

bigcatt

Registered Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, just bought one. The windshield was holding up the body work on my rust bucket. I am hoping not have to say made in china because it has so many repro parts on it. I did save the tailgate.

warrpath4x4

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hope i dont need one of these, havnt pulled the top off yet. atleast i know where to get one if i need it.

bigcatt

Registered Member
Reaction score
don't ban me! Pictures forth coming. I been bad about taking photos on the rebuild. Once the body shop gets them installed I will take more pics. From what my body guys says it made is life a lot easier.

sponsoredbydad

Dune Slaying Sand Junkie
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Greg72

#MIGHTASWELLK5
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that is about par with all the sheet metal pieces. They never were drop in and weld

"Custom is custom" and "reproduction sheetmetal" is a paradox....

It's better than starting from scratch (usually) but it's never as good as the originals were... :deal:

-G

Montanachris

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just tried to order one and they are out of stock, So if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

Top Bottom