CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Body lift

shaun

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I am putting a 2" bodylift on a friends 82 chevy long bed. It already has a 4 inch suspension. What is the best way to do this. (by the way it is a automatic)

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pull all the body mount bolts on one side and loosen the ones on the opposite side. Use a jack and jack up the side without the bolts, slide in your pucks, put in the new longer bolts, and repeat on the other side. Watch all of your lines when jacking up the body because it has to come up pretty far to get the 3" pucks in. You will need to weld the 3" extension provided in the kit to your shifter. No big deal if you have a welder and know how to. Oh and you have to drill out the little plastic stops that are in the steering shaft that keep it from sliding out. I just heated the plastic up with a torch until it melted out instead of trying to drill it. Once you get the plastic out make sure you lube your shaft up real good so it slides in and out really easy. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

mccomas

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
keep an eye on your radiator fan shroud as well. just a one inch body lift on my rig created a mis-alignment with the fan shroud and fan....

shane74

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
You may have to cut the bottom off your shroud, or modify it so the fan doesn't hit it.

shaun

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thanks guys, That is basically what all the instructions state. Any things special I should do or watch for?

Top Bottom