CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

brake combination valve

ktedesco

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the board and have found it EXTREMELY helpful. I purchased a 90 K5 a week ago with the intent to build it up. I just installed a 4 in. lift and of course had to disconnect the brake lines. After completing the lift, I bled the brakes and and the dash light is still on, assume I still have air in the lines. I looked into it and Chiltons manual says to open the combination valve. Problem is, I can't find it. Sounds like I am stupid but manual shows it on front left frame near the steering gear. All I have there are the 2 lines coming from proportioning valve and spliting to the LF, RF and rear wheels. Do some models not have the combination valve? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Proportioning and combination valve are one and the same (actually thats why its called a combo valve and not proportioning) on these trucks.

ktedesco

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I bled the brakes more without doing anything to the combination valve and I seem to have a firm pedal and good braking now. The dash light is no longer on so it should be ok.

Top Bottom