Driving to work the other morning I start to hear a horrible low growling noise from the brakes. Limped it home minimizing my braking... Popped the front tires off and decided it was probley time to replace them they where down to the squeal tabs. Ran to the auto parts store and bought the front pads (some nice expensive ceramic pads!) because I thought it was the front making the noise…Right? pulled the pads off and the rotors needed turned ($7 each to turn plus a couple hours to do it or $30 each for new, so I got new and used that couple hours to get the front put back together), figured **** I'm spending over $100 on ceramic pads and new rotors on the front why not spend another $40 and buy the ceramic pads for the rear also! Figured what the hell, I need to rotate the tires anyway and I already have the front up in the air! Got home put the front back together… wooo making some progress! Pulled the rears off and they where the ones making noise because there was no pads left and the rotors where trashed, tracked down the new $35each rotors and pulled off the old ones off. Stared putting the passengers side back together everything was going pretty smooth so far. Wellll it didn’t go back together real smooth took some persuading of the rubber mallet to get caliper back down over the pad bracket and bolted back together (this later on will be a key to my failure! the bolts for the caliper go into SLIDING pins, wellll these pins didn't slide!). When I pulled off the rear drivers side rotor the emergency brake shoe inside the back edge came with it, snapping a little clip on the back that holds the shoe against the backing plate... It was probley already broke because the inside of the rotor housing was gone! Well this brake shoe had to be ordered from GM (go figure! luckily it came next day was quoted $50 for the kit and it ended up being $24 when I picked it up), so we ordered the kit to replace the shoe, clip and bolt... waited a day for it come in and guess what! The flippin bolt head snapped right off! I had to drill and tap a new bolt, got it put back together finally after three days of hunt and wait parts to go for the first test drive! Backing out of the driveway it seemed a little stiff, Ha dto give it some heavy peddle to back it out... I chalked it up to needing to get the pads and rotors seated. Drove up the road a bit to hear some squeeking and groans, again figuring it was just the new stuff getting seated. Drove up the backroads testing out brakes from 20MPH-0, 40MPH-0, then 60MHP to 0. Once we got home the truck was smoking like a chimney from the wheel wells. Looked like I just got out of a burnout contest. Smoke was just rolling out from under the truck, the brake rotors on the back where cherry red (it was dark outside by this time). We then found after pulling it apart the next morning we burnt off half a pad on the drivers side and that the caliper slip bolts/pins where seized in the pad mounting bracket! So the caliper couldn’t move and the pads where being reseated to the old pad thickness…. UGGGG So since I had it all pulled back apart the next morning I checked all the other parts and cleaned everything again to get ride of the dust. While trying to back one of the caliper pins out I managed to snap off the head using an air impact! Oops! Now don’t try this part at home kids… We decided heat might help so we wheeled out the cutting torch and heated up the other side of the caliper mounting bracket to hopefully loosen the other pin up and BANG POP, the pin shoots out of the bracket like a slug from a 12gauge through the garage door (luckily the bracket was pointed away from us) and it landed out by the street leaving the bracket flying through the air and finally landing on the ground between me and dad inside the garage. There evidently was a little gap behind the pin and it built up enough pressure it literally SHOT the pin out. The plan of attack for heating the other broken and seized pins was then scrapped.... The bracket with the broken pin I setup on the drill press and drilled out stepping up in bit sizes a couple times till I could pill out half of a “sleeve” that was left of the old pin. The other pin I got to finally break loose with liberal amounts of PB blaster and some low heat from a propane torch and a wrench. Not as exciting but a little safer. After finally tracking down a parts store with the pins IN STOCK and the hardware kit (yet another $40 parts run plus $50 in gas to fill up the Yukon at $2.55/gal), we had to drive 35miles over to Lafayette and back to get them. Got back home around dark while it was storming pretty heavy, got the pieces and parts all put together and lubed up ran out in a drizzle to bolt everything back together, got the drivers side done and then the passengers side, got to the last freakin bolt and its not tightening down for some reason. Backed it out it stripped the threads on the end of the bolt and was chewing up the threads in the ear on the axle that holds the bracket... DAMNIT! So I backed it out ran the other bolt in to clean the threads and done some clearance work on the bracket to make the bolt go in further, applied liberal amounts of lock tight and put it back together... and it squeaked a little bit when I left to head back to the apartment but after the radio got going and the rain picked back up it died out... so now I think its back together. I made the 60 mile trip from home to the apartment, no major squealing, cherry red rotors, or rolling clouds of smoke… Best of all, I’ve had a brake light on the dash flashing for a month or two now, but haven’t had any adverse braking issues so I shrugged it off as a sensor gone bad, ITS STILL BLINKING! Time to dig out the electrical tape again I think, colver up the light and assume its still a bad sensor. Another saga finished, thanks for reading!