CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Bump stops

K5wrench

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
FYI, ORD sells those bumps for $60/pair: http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/bumpstops.htm. If they aren't responding, it's probably race time. You might want to research poly bump stops a bit, as they split under some applications.
Thanks, i missed that on their site.
Still find it odd that it was not mentioned or offered.
Maybe something they should at least mention in the ad for "Complete 3" Lift Kit".
Not busting them here.
Like the kit a lot.
They need to tighten that detail up a bit.

K5wrench

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I got an email from Steve Watson at ORD.
Hope he wont mind me sharing it here.
Good info.

To recap, i have the Tuff country 3" lift heavy duty front springs.
ORD 4" shackle flip in the rear with stock springs and Tuff country shocks.
Also sway bar disconnect kit.

Here is the info I got from Steve regarding bump stops for my setup.

Hi Matt, you do need to think about bumpstops so it’s good that you brought it up. In general the TCI springs are going to be good for about 4” of bump travel (not any more) from ride height and that’s when the bumpstop is completely bottomed so it’ll only have 2” or so of space in there before it makes initial contact. It doesn’t take much math to see that the springs will be pretty inverted when you get to that point and it’s not a big deal. It’s impossible for that GM front suspension to operate without the springs inverting so we have a lot of experience with it.

Easy thing about your suspension is our 4.5” poly bumpstops bolt in and work just right. You have a very similar suspension to what I ran on my ’88 burb and that bumpstop setup was the right thing.

Thanks

SW

Stephen Watson

Offroad Design

484 County Road 113

Carbondale CO 81623

970 945 7777

www.offroaddesign.com

I ordered up some 4.5" bump stops.

PatrickH

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my 4.5" bump stops. I have 4" front springs, so I'm going to space the bumps down 2" and see how it looks

Mastiff

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have a 4" ORD springs with 14" shocks and with the way my shock mounting was, the shock was the first thing to hit (bottom out). I have some poly stops basically the same as the ones ORD sells (4.5") and they compress more than you expect. I ended up putting a piece of rectangular tubing as a 4" extender to the poly stop to put it down low and keep the shock from bottoming. It may still if I got airborne, but I don't plan to. For hard-ish hits it appears I'm using most of the 4" of shock uptravel I have available.

PatrickH

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have a 4" ORD springs with 14" shocks and with the way my shock mounting was, the shock was the first thing to hit (bottom out). I have some poly stops basically the same as the ones ORD sells (4.5") and they compress more than you expect. I ended up putting a piece of rectangular tubing as a 4" extender to the poly stop to put it down low and keep the shock from bottoming. It may still if I got airborne, but I don't plan to. For hard-ish hits it appears I'm using most of the 4" of shock uptravel I have available.
Thanks for the input! I got 4.5" poly bumpstops (Energy Suspension) with 2" spacers installed, but gaven tested it out yet. I will update when I do.

Top Bottom