CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Bushwacker flares?

stallion85

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If I cut trimmed the fenders to stuff some tires under them, could I buy something like the bushwackers to cover up the cuts? Do you think they would look better with or without, if you have them could you post pics? Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

bigcountryk5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
firend has em' on his heep XJ i think they look Bada$$ but he doesn't like them says they are a pain and can't keep the bolts in to hold them on but in my opinion they'd look sweet on a K5 but they're expensive, but if you got the dough go for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

stallion85

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Ok I just found them on the net, I know now you can use them for fender trim jobs, could someone post pic's if you have done this?

stallion85

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Expensive....yes they are, about $350 for front and rear!!! I sure would like to see what they looked like on a K5 before I dropped that kind of dough on some plastic bolt-ons!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wrong body style but pics anyway...

643.jpg

Only reason I run them is to keep the truck semi-legal for the street. If I didn't need too, I wouldn't. They don't hold up to any kind of impact and crack and rip apart. My fronts are almost completely cracked through in numerous places and only have about 5 screws on each side left. The rears are new since I ripped the old ones off at Hollister.

stallion85

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Also, are they limited to the amount of cutting before they will not fit any more? I am putting 35's under a 2.5" lift and am /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif to fit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Silver84k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
My old jimmy had them when i bought it and at first i liked them, but after seeing them everyday i started to hate em. They cracked apart and personally i think they were ugly on my truck, they hung over the tires (38 15.50 tsl radials) I like a little of my tire to be outside the fender. Glad i dont have them on my blazer now. It looks better with just plain ole trimmed fenders rather then a huge hunk of plastic. Personal opinion.

stallion85

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yea, I agree they could become annoying and hideous to the eye, How bad do fenders look after taking the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif to them?

Silver84k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
not bad... just take a file or a grinder and smooth out the edges, i think a Nicely trimmed fender looks better then a non trimmed fender....

slimlynn1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine with the Bushwacker cutout flares. You might have a problem putting them on if the fenders are already cut.
30541927.jpg

85army tank

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifI like the looks of them.Not to hijack a thread but will they fit with out cuting the fender.Call me weak but i just put new fenders on and can't bring my self to cut unrusted metal in mn. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

bablazer73

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you do have to cut the fenders to put them on. And also drill holes to attach them. Thats why I used the least rusty fenders in my pile to use!!

Top Bottom