CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

checking fuel pressure

tx_sub

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
what is the easiest way to test the fuel pressure going to the tbi in a 91 350 tbi burb? does it have that port to hook up a guage? schraeder valve it might be called. or do i have to plumb in a valve or tap into the line with a guage? thanks

R72K5

Banned
Reaction score
will have to tap or go inline at the TBI somehow

is truck not running/starting right? what symptoms ?

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah, i haven't actually seen a permanent fuel pressure gauge for the TBI, auto parts stores sell the inline tool that you unbolt the hard line from the TB unit and install this tool the plug in the hard line into the tool, but as i mentioned, it's not a permanent deal like a setup on a TPI unit with the schrader valve, those were nice.

Or do as was mentioned in the previous post and cut the hard line somewhere and install your own kind of fuel pressure gauge. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

fortcollinsram

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Go to NAPA and have them look in the Echlin/Carb. Illustrated book. I don't ahve the P/N off hand, but I can get it for you tomorrow.

Anyhow, there is an inline adapter that is made by echlin the goes between the fuel supply line and the throttle body. Then it has a 1/4"NPT port that you can put whatever you want in..I threaded in an 1/4" NPT--> -4AN/JIC fitting and put the AutoMeter braided stainless line on it and have a Mech FP gauge mounted on my hood....

I will get the part number tomorrow and post some pics of my FP gauge...

Chris

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah, post that part number when you get it, i would be interested in this item as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
I have the old fuel pressure gauge from my Iroc-Z i had, just no way of hooking it up to my current setup on the Burb, that would be nice to have that hooked up again.

Top Bottom