Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Convert LS2 06 GTO harness

Discussion in 'The Engine Bay' started by metalneverdies, May 3, 2016.

1. metalneverdies

metalneverdies 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey guys, I am trying to setup a 2006 GTO ls2 harness up for stand-alone. Connector C1 and the GM high speed LAN stuff is kicking my butt. Has anybody converted one of these?

Doing stand-alone the GM lan doesnt go through the EBCM ir PIM modules. Do you just completely ignore that and wire it straight to the DLC connector?

What happens with C206?

Losing my mind on this.

13130824_1705729776371625_6981023891093915811_o.jpg

2. metalneverdies

I should add it has the E40 3 plug ECM

3. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Simply wire the LAN wires to the DLC.

Just use the wires you need out of C206(if any)

4. metalneverdies

The gm lan runs to c206 and the TCM in seperate runs from the ECM. Do I splice the ECM, TCM, and DLC GM lan + together and the - together and it will work fine?

I didnt know if it was more sophisticated and had to be through all the modules to communicate properly.

5. bigblock72

The ECM will work stand-alone but the TCM will need to be connected as it was originally to communicate properly. C1-1 to pin 7 then pin 38 to DLC. C1-2 to pin 6 then pin 37 to DLC.

metalneverdies likes this.
  6. metalneverdies

Ok. I am going to follow the wires and diagram with that and im sure it will make more sense to me then.

7. metalneverdies

Ok, I double checked and the 2 GM lan twisted pairs going from the TCM connector go to C206 and end there. There is no run from the TCM to the ECM. ECM connector C1 ran down to the EBCM, then leaves EBCM goes down to the another couple modules.

I also checked against the attached diagrams and am confused.

DLC1.jpg

DLC2.jpg

8. bigblock72

Originally the LAN wires went from the ECM to the EBCM then to the TCM and from the TCM to the PIM and then finally the DLC. Since you will not be using the EBCM or the PIM the LAN wires will go from the ECM (pins 1 and 2 at C1) to the TCM (pins 6 and 7) then from the TCM (pins 37 and 38) to the DLC (pins 6 and 14).

metalneverdies likes this.
  9. metalneverdies

Oooh, ok. Thanks!

10. metalneverdies

Ok. I got really busy and after fixing the LAN connections as suggested and didn't have time to continue with the harness. I have ran into a few more issues. I have all of the rest of the harness labeled correctly, I believe. But I do have a few wires that are troubling me. I don't have access to GM S2000 any more and the All Data doesn't have nearly as good of a search function and I can't locate the diagram that contains the info:

C206, pin 13, cir. 439
    This is labeled as IGN voltage 1. This should go to a splice of other IGN voltage wires? I can't find the diagram to verify it is not used for any trans controls. If this is true can I splice it to the yellow wire C3, pin 11 accessory voltage?

C206, pin 7, cir. 239
    This is also IGN voltage 1. Not sure what to do with it... does this circuit supply or receive IGN voltage.

C206, pin 22
    This should be the backup lamp supply voltage, if I am correct. This should go straight to my reverse lights?

EDIT:
    Found this... I guess pin 7 needs 12v+ then it goes through the range switch on trans and green wire pin 22 supplies rev lights with power. Diagram says P/N switch but I dont see that anywhere in the wiring.

backup lights.PNG

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016