Cross Over/High Steer??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex_B, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Alex_B

    Alex_B Registered Member

    Feb 28, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Where can I get d60 steering blocks where I can retain the stock tie rod ends.:confused:

    Rather than having to buy ORD’s steering block’s, tie rod ends, tie rod, and drag link.:screwy:
  2. 1977k5

    1977k5 1 ton status Vendor

    May 26, 2003
    Likes Received:
    You will need a new draglink and tie rod regardless (the draglink is WAY longer with crossover). I don't know what you mean by steering blocks unless you mean steering arms. If you mean steering arms, your stock steering arm will not work in any way.

    I believe all of the companies (ORD, Northwest Fab, Sky) all use the stock TRE taper but they use a different method of attachment to the tie rod. A stock Chevy 60 tie rod has the driver side TRE integrated into the tie rod which makes reusing that one impossible.

    Crossover and high steer were not what your axle was initially designed for and hence you have to change a bunch of stuff to get it to work.

Share This Page