CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

D 60 Kingpin springs differrent sizes? WTF?

K5MONSTERCHEV

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I just realized my kingpin springs are differrent sizes, one is about 1/4" shorter. Whats up with that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
They collapse with use, and fortunately, they are cheap to buy. If I remember around 8-10 bone's apiece, pick up 2 of em, and you won't have wonder about em for alot of mile's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also get new nylon bushing's that the spring's push down on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spoolnaround

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
You have one that needs replacing. When I rebuilt my 60 both springs wre about 1/4 inch shorter than a new spring. Ive always gone to Bayshore truck here in Fresno for my 60 parts, Great prices and the guys know their stuff.

BurbLover

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
ORD has a replacement kit for both sides. Mine was $25 shipped and came with new springs, nes washers, & new bushing. You can then use you old washer on top and it has a small amount of preload then.

I'd highly recommend it!!

K5MONSTERCHEV

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Crap, I just ordered the seals and bearing, but not the springs and bushings, I neglected to check them, now , I guess I need them. Cool, thanks for the help guys!

Top Bottom