CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

death wobble....ahhhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhh

supersize75k5

OrganDonorRacing.com
Reaction score
damn death wobble is killing me, I never had these issues with the 75 but this 83 must have bad carma or something.

I assume this is a ball joint issue, I have tried swapping tires from back to the front. It seems to be comming from the front left.

Sooo should I just deal with it, or when it is sold next week we can just put in the 3/4 ton front..

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

ahhhhh death wo-bbllle--ble-lle

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Re: death wobble....ahhhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhh,ahhhhh

please do a search /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

Well, how are the ball-joints on the left side?

My 'burb had death wobble a couple years back before I put the lift on. I replaced the steering stablizer and haven't had wobble problems since.

supersize75k5

OrganDonorRacing.com
Reaction score

ball joints are likly shot, then again so is the steering stablizer....

a search..lol /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Are those big meats you put on there balanced at all? Looked like some rubber was missing from trail use. Does it have play that indicates joints? If your going to use different axles anyway don't worry about and drive slow for a week /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

supersize75k5

OrganDonorRacing.com
Reaction score
thanks, that is for a d-60, but I am dealing with hat on the 75, so I needed it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

paul..tires are not balanced, or I dont think they are, also rotors are fubar..one came apart and killed the caliper too...

so vice grips on the break line aloow me to stop /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
rotors are fubar

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to fix it since going to 3/4 ton? I know where six lug brakes are sitting complete. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

BTW did you find out what gears are in the 83?

supersize75k5

OrganDonorRacing.com
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rotors are fubar

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to fix it since going to 3/4 ton? I know where six lug brakes are sitting complete. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

BTW did you find out what gears are in the 83?

[/ QUOTE ]

nahh

why fix it, it is really entertaining to take right hand turns while breaking...I dont have to even turn the wheel, the trucks turns its self /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif........ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

vice grips all the way baby!

as for the gears, I think we are trading them twoard the 3/4 ton axels, so we really dont care /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

zcarczar

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Check your toe-in in the front. Almost any truck will death wobble bad with screwed up toe settings. Hell I drove my truck to the local rock garden once and bent the tie rod and couldnt go over 20 on the way home cause i had such bad death wobble. Right now on my fathers truck we are running no steering stabilizer or hydro-assist, 40" Iroks and trail ready bead locks and have no problems with deathwobble cause the alignment in the front end is set right.

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just drive it until it breaks. Cuts way down on diagnosis time... Wnatever breaks is (probably) what was wrong.

Fix broken gizmo, problem solved... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom