CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

driveshaft

bushmaster

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
dont know if im going with 208 or 205 yet wondering about rear shaft blazer 4"lift d60 stock shaft or cv shaft if cv shaft is better than who do you recomend? im going to be doing alot of towing on the highway

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
It is hard to go wrong with Jesse at HAD (High Angle Driveline).

elacruze

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I had the same question before; the opinion was to run the simplest shaft (non-CV) if it was acceptable for the angles and speeds.
Less parts=more gooder.

bushmaster

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
is there any disadvantages in running a beefy cv rear shaft slipyoke 208 style

bushmaster

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
is there any disadvantages in running a beefy cv rear shaft slipyoke 208 style i need a shaft either way

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
is there any disadvantages in running a beefy cv rear shaft slipyoke 208 style i need a shaft either way

[/ QUOTE ]

There could be . Depending on your suspension setup you may reach a binding point. In my own case I have been out 5 trips now on my CV sahft and have had no problems. It wouldn't be a bad idea to call a good driveshaft man ( Matt already mentioned one /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif) and give him some measurements and discuss some of the variables, and get some info for both shafts. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I was going to go all fancy with a CV but the problem with the cadillac CV is that it isn't as strong as a 1350 u-joint. I am pretty sure though that Jess has a bigger CV available but it isn't cheap. I wound up and just had the machine shop that machined my motor build me a pair of shafts. The guy that built them told me that my angle wasn't severe enough to need a CV and that the 1350 u-joint is stronger. I went with a new 1350 slip yoke, 1 ton 1350 neapco u-joints at both ends, and 4" tubing.
My angle isn't all that bad even with a 7" lift.

7068New_drivelines-med.jpg

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
Jesse has a 1350 CV.

What good is all the power in the world if your driveshaft is laying on the ground? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I waited far too long to call Jesse. Finally did last week and it's the best decision I've made as of yet.

If a CV is not necessary to eliminate vibes, don't use one. I run a straight 1350 shaft in the rear but it's 52" long (shortbed truck). HAD is on it's way for the front, 1350 CV with 1410 up front. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Whatever you choose, don't use greasable u joints.

husurddy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
I just put on a new CV drive shaft tonight from Jesse at HAD (High Angle Driveline.) I have to say I was extremely happy with the quality. I haven't had a chance to wheel with it yet, but I'm sure it'll be the last thing I break. Money well spent in my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Top Bottom