This weekend I did a little work on my 83 K5 project. I pulled the carpet(nasty and wet), took of the top, took of the tailgate and took of the rear bumper. I also cut the rear quarter panels almost up to under the taillights. I don't know exactly how much weight it is in total but it sits about 1.5 inches higher in the rear now, the truck feels lighter and my little 305 engine for sure has less trouble getting the beast up the hills now. Next weekend I am going to trim the front fenders, drop the front bumper and fab a winch support. My buddy is already working on shaving, Lincoln Locking and moving the spring bases on my 14 bolt. mechanically everything else is fine so I figure in a couple of weeks I will be ready to go wheeling.