CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

dual shocks???

dustyk5

Registered Member
Reaction score
Exactly what would be good about dual front shocks.I had them on my 71 K5 and removed one from each side and it seems much more comfortable down the road.Am I completely off base?

gravdigr

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
dual shocks are nice if you run around all winter with a plow hanging off the front, other than that they are pretty useless.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
dual shocks are nice if you run around all winter with a plow hanging off the front, other than that they are pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, useless unless your a mall wheeler, than just upgrade to 4 chrome shocks for each wheel /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
The only place you need dual shocks is like stated above with a heavy object like a plow on the front or if you run alot of high speed fire roads, dunes, etc. Dual shocks will help keep the shocks cooler and make them fade less quickly if you run alot of baja style stuff.

Harley

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I agree on the heavy object and hi speed fade issue as well. Then again harley thinks dual shocks is having one on each corner in the front and none in the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Ya, you only need two. One on each of the front corners. rears aren't necessary, and neither is a steering stabilizer. They just limit flex.

Trucks are like women, they better have a little bounce in the back otherwise they are no fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Harley

smokkey1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Trucks are like women, they better have a little bounce in the back otherwise they are no fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, you only need two. One on each of the front corners. rears aren't necessary, and neither is a steering stabilizer. They just limit flex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be really rough riding down the road?

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Ya, it does but you get used to it. I need to get rear shocks in eventually but I have been ok for over a year now so no biggy. I broke the stock rear mounts. I am going to get new front shocks when I do the Ford Shock Towers.

Harley

Harley

Top Bottom