Eddie Motorsports Hood Hinges

Gentleman Jimmy

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Eddie Motorsports hood hinges for our trucks.

When planning my build I needed to use as much inner fender space as possible to mount my electrical center from a tahoe on the passenger side and re-locate my washer reservoir on the drivers side to allow for battery relocation and some circuit breakers etc... The stock hinges were clearly going to interfere.

That’s when a did a little researching and found the EM hinges which only use the rear hinge location coupled with some nice stainless struts to replace the springs.

They work great and were the perfect solution for my build. Despite one bad review I saw (guy gave them one star cause he had trouble installing them), they were easy to install and work sooo smoothly!

954769DB-6C66-42D1-8500-41D0E31EC843.jpeg

7B2A8A99-25A5-4225-BF2E-954C257A751B.jpeg

127B9739-6C07-4F18-9E50-5396BBBEDCD6.jpeg

ArizonaK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks Great! What year truck do you have? Will they work on a 76 K5? Do you have a part number?

Smokinthehippies

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
They look pretty damn sweet.
I actually ran into similar clearance issues when I was doing my relay box and had to mount it off the battery tray instead of where I wanted it due to the hinge interference.

Gentleman Jimmy

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My jimmy is an 89, but they make chevy truck hinges from 47 to 98 so they got ya covered. The 76 ones are more expensive due to the design. I picked mine up from Summit for a decent price... although I had no other options due to my layout under the hood.

Last edited:

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I used them on a 70 El Camino and also found they were easy to install, adjust and they operate very smoothly.

ArizonaK5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do need a new set of hood hinges. Don't want the nightmare of my hood being bent using the original style. These are only $300 a side. (LOL) Plus these do have the cool factor!!!

Gentleman Jimmy

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahaha that’s a good way to look at it. I honestly don’t know why your year is so much more expensive. You could always sign up for the Summit credit card and have no interest for a year on that purchase if you want to spread out the cost. That’s what I did for my Dakota Digital gauges.

Gentleman Jimmy

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen those before, good find. A lot more affordable kits for sure. Is it just me or does it look like all the hoods in their pictures only go up like 3/4 of the way??

H1tman442

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No its not just you, I wonder if you could push the front mounting bracket on those back so you would get a sharper angle for the struts giving you more clearance.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen those before, good find. A lot more affordable kits for sure. Is it just me or does it look like all the hoods in their pictures only go up like 3/4 of the way??
This kit from wamrods is only the strut, you still use your hinge without the springs.

NorCalAnthony

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
So do those ones still let the hood open all the way or do they limit the opening like the Wamrods? Hard to tell from the pics

Last edited: