Electrical Problem

Johnboy62

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have reoccurring electrical issue. When I let off the gas my Blazer will sometimes quit running if coming up to a light and my aftermarket radio blinks off. Battery tests good alternator is good. Continuity on negative from alternator good all grounds from battery test good for continuity. Alternator tests 14.2 at startup but drops of after running. Ideas where to look?

Wes Harden

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something is moving when the you lift. Could be lots of things.
How are your motor mounts?
No matter their condition check the fuseable links at the starter.
There should be 2, these circuits feed 12v power to ignition switch, light switch and battery hot fuses in panel.
A fuseable link is smaller diameter wire connected to a bigger wire. If the wire insulation looks melted pull on it if it stretches it's bad.
You will find them at the starter on the main battery lug.
What year is your truck? Any mods?

Johnboy62

Premium Member
Reaction score
Something is moving when the you lift. Could be lots of things.
How are your motor mounts?
No matter their condition check the fuseable links at the starter.
There should be 2, these circuits feed 12v power to ignition switch, light switch and battery hot fuses in panel.
A fuseable link is smaller diameter wire connected to a bigger wire. If the wire insulation looks melted pull on it if it stretches it's bad.
You will find them at the starter on the main battery lug.
What year is your truck? Any mods?
1988 all original except radio

Wes Harden

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the fuseable links are good, let's us know. The next check would be the ignition switch. Also make sure the the hei 12v feed is good and tight

Top Bottom