CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Electronic spark

shaun

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
What is wrong with my truck. It keepsshowing my check engine light but by the time I get it to the shop to run the codes they are gone and it says there are no trouble codes. I have caught it once and it said it was an electronic spark control problem. I have replaced the plugs, wires, coil, cap, and rotor and am putting in a msd box. But why does it keep showing my check engine light and then clearing it. It also cuts out every /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifnow and then like it is being starved of fuel. But I believe that is the filter or pump because it will do that without throwing a code. But it also cuts out when the service engine light comes on. Why???????????

djsblaze

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Im having a similar problem. My light goes on and off as well, and engine dies periodically, usually under pretty heavy throttle during acceleration. Ive checked the plugs, distributor, etc. Thanks.

shaun

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
That sounds identical to mine. It also stumbles every now and then Driving but if I let it sit for about a min all is good. I am lost. What should my knock sensor read on a scanner if it is good? bad? It did this with my old coil in there and the new one is an msd gm so I dont know? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Top Bottom