CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Evolution Power Tools RAGE2 Multi Purpose Cutting Chop Saw

8t7jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WEORGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I found this online and decided to try it out. All I can say is WOW! It cuts very straight, true cuts through everything I have thrown at it. I can't speak for how long the blade will last, but even if it only lasts half as long as they claim, it is still worth twice the price of a abrasive chop saw. All this and it is less than $200. The Amazon price went up a little, but other site sell it for $199 and I got a few weeks ago from Amazon for $189 with free shipping.

One thing that really impressed me was when I needed to take a 1/16" off a piece of 3/16 plate. Once I got it lined up, it cut straight down the edge and did not deform at all. That would never be possible with an abrasive saw.

Ryan

brans87

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Nice! How about true sparks,mess left behind with metal and noise level?

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It's loud but no more than a chopsaw.

You got to be careful and not force it. If you do you kill the blade in short order.

Good saw though didn't realize they had gone down that much

8t7jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! How about true sparks,mess left behind with metal and noise level?
There are virtually no sparks, but there is a lot of metal shavings left behind, but I don't think it is any worse than the mess of an abrasive saw. Noise is comparable.

Top Bottom