CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Exhaust manifold A.I.R. tubes

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
The air tubes on the exhaust manifold that run from the smog pump on a small block, do they come in different configurations or where they ALL routed the same exact way?

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I could of swore I seen some different ones on other applications. On the small block trucks I have seen one side has 4 ports into the manifold and the other side has only two, mine is like this. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
On mine, there are 4 tubes going into each manifold. If I can find a way to to change the drivers side to a different way I'd leave everything there and just change it. The problem I'm having is the drivers side air tubes inlet(from the smog pump)run right in front of the head, which is in the way of mounting my york bracket /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
There are different configurations, i have seen them where there are only two on each side, they run on all four corners. Mine doesn't have any.

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
5586Imag0001.jpg

See my dilemma with mounting the york bracket....the 4 port on the drivers side is off the pic on the far right.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
So thats the difference , mine runs up , and the hose goes over intake. I have 4 on that side too. Our manifolds are different. Must be the engine size perhaps. My manifolds are on a 305 and look like car manifolds, yours look like standard small block manifolds with air tubes. The exhaust ports are in the same spot, so you could use 83 305 air tubes on your manifold to bring that pipe up and out of your way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

BTW I don't have the pics here at work , sorry

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I have one picture of mine here I found, doesn't show the side view, look where my AIR hose attaches over valve cover, this is the air tube you need for clearance of your bracket. This is right next to carb, far away from front of motor.

6508126741332sScvyV_ph.jpg

NetBlazer

Registered Member
Reaction score
Mine also has the single port setup and I would gladly trade you for your 4 port tube setup as I just got headers that have 4 ports, so I have them blocked off but need to get set back up before my next emissions test or it will fail visual.
I would assume you would be interested in the manifolds as well?
It's off an 88K5 with TBI350. PM me for more info or if you want to try to make a deal.

Sean

Top Bottom