CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Factory guages

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found this idea for my factory guages and combined old classic and new restomod. Bought clear face overlays and installed ice blue LED's. Painted the needles with LMC flame orange factory needle paint. Think i got the overlays from them too. Shown are the illumination at night, unrestored and daytime.

IMG_6977.jpg

72-chevy-k5-blazer-6.jpg

thumbnail (6).jpeg

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You see beautiful full on restorations and the guages aren't redone. It's pretty easy to do.
Yup. It's surprising how often the gauges don't get touched. But it makes quite a difference in my eyes. The truck doesn't look as worn to me.
The LED's sure brighten them up, for sure. I have swapped all of my old trucks to them.

Your cluster looks great, and I bet that the rest of the truck is the same, judging from the hood.

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. It's surprising how often the gauges don't get touched. But it makes quite a difference in my eyes. The truck doesn't look as worn to me.
The LED's sure brighten them up, for sure. I have swapped all of my old trucks to them.

Your cluster looks great, and I bet that the rest of the truck is the same, judging from the hood.
Its a work in progress. Looks good from afar but far from great. Thanks

Top Bottom