CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Flexplates

NITRO

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i have 2 flexplates off of a 350. One is brand new and the other is used. I believe both to be 168 tooth. $5 plus ride.

NITRO

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Will the new one fit a TBI/93 motor and 700R4? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

NITRO

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i dont know about eiher...but i believe it should fit the TH400 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NITRO

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What you need to know on the flexplates is the year of the motor. The pre-85 2 piece rear main seal motors use a different flexplate than the 1 piece rear main seal... Otherwise they will bolt to any TH350, 400, 700R4. But weather or not they fit your motors crank is the question.

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I got a a 350 out of a 93 pickup.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BurbLover

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Sounds like it will work for you. If you give him $20 for th new one shipped, I'll give him the shipping for th eused one /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

NITRO

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
They are both for the 2 peice rear mains. Sorry i didnt specify. I just dont have anything around here anymore that needs a flexplate so i figure might as well clean some stuff up.

NITRO

BurbLover

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Judging by what Kennyw said, my 85 should have a 1-piece, which isn't the same. Thanks anyway.

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a flexplate for an 82. Check my for sale thread. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like it will work for you. If you give him $20 for th new one shipped, I'll give him the shipping for th eused one /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifHow about I just drive over to his house and pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
Shane lives about 3.5 miles from me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Hey Shane, you still got those 6luggers sitting out back? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Maybe I'll run over and pickup the new flexplate and those rims next week /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

R72K5

Banned
Reaction score
86 was first year for one piece RMS, 55-85 were the two piece old school RMS engines.

a one-piece RMS plate will not fit on a two-piece RMS crank flange and vice versa,

i have a few plates around here i think i have a 153 tooth 400sbc and 454 one also somewhere still but i did throw about 15 plates away recewntly so it might be gone but i have some in the attic still, maybe its up there by chance

good luck

Top Bottom