CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Getting a stuck rear window down??

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a '91 Blazer, the rear window will not roll down, this also is keeping the tailgate from dropping down. Any ideas on how to get this winder down? to fix the problem. Does it consist of taking the rear panel and cover off and digging around inside there?

SF87K5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If its power the motor might be out. You need to take the rear gate panel off and un-screw the cable from the motor. Them take a drill and put the cable in it and go at a slow speed. It will open and close for him that way. Just dont do it to fast and to often.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
Whether its a manual or electric, you still have to pull the access panel.

For electric, pull the panel and undo the cable from the motor, and connect a drill motor to the cable end and use the drill motor to roll the window down. On a manual window, its just a matter of getting to the crank mechanism from within the inside.

clarkjw24

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
before I'd take anything apart I would check the plug connections at the firewall and the tailgate. Use a test light and have your friend hit the switch. Mine has come upluged once or twice at the firewall while wheeling.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah, it's electric, thanks for the ideas, will check it out tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Thats what i told him, well kinda, he asked me if i knew of a way to get it down, and i said sure, (with a serious look on my face) i opened the back of the Burb, and pulled out the 5 lb. sledge hammer. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Yeah, he thought that was reeeeeal funny. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Top Bottom