CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Gfci outlet trouble

TJ1978

I have MANY questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
garage gfci 20amp tripped today using my ruining pressure washer to clean the c10 frame, I could not get it to reset.

So went to Home Depot and got a new 20amp gfci... went it fine, light shows green like it is working, however. When anything is plugged into the outlet I get nothing from either input.

Thoughts?

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you lost the neutral possibly.

TJ1978

I have MANY questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still doesn’t work... I turned the braker off and on even though it wasn’t tripped. The outlet just doesn’t work now.
I can’t even get the gfci to trip it just has the green light on and no way to get it off and nothing works when plugged in

onetonbb74

On the rocks...with a twist!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pull the GFCI receptacle, with an AC voltmeter, test for voltage between the black wire and green wire then test the black wire to white wire. Both should be 120v. Once verified 120v, hook the wires to the Line terminals (not the load terminals)...black wire to gold skrew and white wire to the silver skrew and green wire to the green ground skrew.

onetonbb74

On the rocks...with a twist!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Restore power and reset GFCI receptacle, then test for voltage. GFCI receptacles need power initially to reset them, they come in the tripped setting when new. Once reset, it will stay reset even if power is cut off after the fact.

Top Bottom