gm dealer parts dept is useless!!! Got speedo gear kit part number(s)?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foxman, May 18, 2004.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

Just got off the phone with some guy at the parts dept at a local dealer. Wow what a waste of time, had all the info he needed except the part #'s and he said no such thing... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif C'mon How many people with lifted trucks have changed their speedo gears for the correct speed?
    Anyway, I need the part numbers for the kit to have new gears and sleeve/o-ring for my NP208 behind the 700r4. Drive gear = 17 tooth,
    Driven gear = 40 tooth.

Would appreciate it if anyone had the number(s) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got a GM parts manual, and to tell you the truth, I can't find the ones for the 208/241 either. I looked, I thought it would be really handy for you guys, but all I can find are the pieces for 2wd trannies. Doesn't appear to be ANYTHING listed for 4WD stuff in it, and it covers 1985-1988.

I should probably scan the pages just to do it (there are quite a few) but I don't know how it will help in your case.

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

They seem to only know them by color at my dealer.

You need the red drive gear and the black driven gear.
    But I'm not sure if they made a red drive for the 208 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    I seem to recall there were only two or three drive gears for the 208

Bowtie Overdrives has a full list of the gears (driven) available.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Build(s):
    The driven gears are actually the same as the ones that go in some of the 2WD trannies. I know I found the part numbers before, but I can't find the info now. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif