GM TBI Injector Alignment in the Pod, which way? does it matter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I just got this 454 TBI and I am going to borrow the injectors. I took it apart and noticed they weren't in the same way. The connectors go side to side, its just they are 180 degrees different. I have no clue if this has every been serviced. Does it matter what way the injectors go into the pods?

Oh, where can I find just the fuel meter cover gasket? I mean do you know if autozone or advanced auto parts carries them, or is it a dealer item?

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The injectors have a notch at the bottom that is indexed over a protrusion in the pod...The can onlygo in and fully seat ONE direction. The can be a biatch to snap back into place...it is a tight fit. The gasket you speak of is not available by itself that I knbow of. It is usually in the TBI rebuild kits or with a new FPR kit. If you go to NAPA and get a FPR rebuild kit, I think it has that gasket in it...

Chris

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I spoke too soon! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif The injectors have a little knob sticking out (kinda looks like a SMALL roll pin). That pin seats in a notch machined into the injector pod. You are correct, though. While the injectors have the pins in the same spot, the bore for on injector is 180* off the bore for the other...

Chris

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Thank you so much for your help, I see the index notches now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif