got the pesuedo sliders on the burb updated pics and general babble

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Aug 11, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

finally made something out of the stainless steel tube i bought (remember kids the burb is a glamor wheeler) so heres some bling........... last pic is of when i first got the burb you may notice the sun visor and nicer used wheels i had and new tires PS if you ever deside to polish raw stainless be preparded to spend ALOT of time i finaly broke down and just went with a brushed look

Balzer

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm sorry to be so off topic but what the heck is the buggy in the first picture?

3. original balzer

more .........

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh yeah, those do look sweet, though I'd think them better looking angled up(of course could cause door problems)

5. original balzer

the buggy in the first pic is one i bought but it WAS in terible home made shape so i gave it to my cousin and in that pic its been majorly rebuilt its 83" wheel base and hes useing a VW bus trans and a porche 914 200hp engine i also have 2 other buggys and a baja bug in the works i have pics of those as well

balzer

6. original balzer

thanx im pretty proud of myself as i didnt have any help and im just a dumb redneck. they are angled that way to offer a step after its lifted and being it wont get wheeled hard they shouldnt ever snag on anything. they are held on with about 15 1/4" bolts-sheetmetal scews per side (pinch weld, cab supports, and back side of the rockers) and will support my dad @ 260lbs even if he kind bounces on them. way more solid than i expected. im also going to build a safari style roof rack and a pre runner style brush gaurd/bullbar out of the same tube. possibly a ladder on the dr side barn door and a sort of rear crash barover the stock rear bumper mostly for looks and because you NEVER see that kind of stuff built out of stainless (after priceing the same i got at another metal supply i ended up with about $2600 worth for $180) bling may not be everyones idea of cool but i like it for a DD glamor wheeler

balzer

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks good

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice, I like that a lot!!! :waytogo: :waytogo: