CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Guess what?

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm more curious who uses dif cover gaskets, Right stuff that damn thing on and get back to life.
I prefer to use paper gaskets if possible, that being said I also use right stuff depending on the application. If I can't find one when I find plugs I'll be using it.

r3dd0g

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm trying out a lube-locker for the first time. I can't remember the last time I used a paper gasket.
That's all I use, they honestly seal better than "right stuff", but they aren't reusable like they advertise. The issue I always had with RTV gaskets is that one smack on a rock and it's leaking, with the lube-locker you can re-tighten the bolts if it's leaking.

Plus, when you pull the cover there's no mess to clean up prior to re-assembly.

miniwally

St. Javier
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's all I use, they honestly seal better than "right stuff", but they aren't reusable like they advertise. The issue I always had with RTV gaskets is that one smack on a rock and it's leaking, with the lube-locker you can re-tighten the bolts if it's leaking.

Plus, when you pull the cover there's no mess to clean up prior to re-assembly.
I don’t think there’s enough gasket surface left on my rear dif for a lubelocker. We’ve had to add dif thickness a few times now.

r3dd0g

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s enough gasket surface left on my rear dif for a lubelocker. We’ve had to add dif thickness a few times now.
Yea, they don't sell a "shaved 14 bolt" gasket either so my rear is still glued on. Everything else gets the lube locker though.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Here is my list

fluids changed
nut and bolt check
u joint grease
body mounts
shock prep
Service hubs/ spindle nuts
transfer case put back in
clean tool box and repack
center console
door panels
electric windows
rock lights
switch panel
msd solid state relay box install

4door99

Still not allowed in the Jeeper club.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Here is my list

fluids changed
nut and bolt check
u joint grease
body mounts
shock prep
Service hubs/ spindle nuts
transfer case put back in
clean tool box and repack
center console
door panels
electric windows
rock lights
switch panel
msd solid state relay box install
All I see on that list is:

“transfer case put back in”

the rest is blurred.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You don't want to be "that guy" on the trail without electric windows and a dirty tool box? :D
Well the electric windows allow me to roll it down, my regulators are missing pieces, and the tool box is thrashed and doesn't have trail spare parts or anything in it. Needs to be cleaned and organized to minimize hunting around if I or someone else needs something.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Well the electric windows allow me to roll it down, my regulators are missing pieces, and the tool box is thrashed and doesn't have trail spare parts or anything in it. Needs to be cleaned and organized to minimize hunting around if I or someone else needs something.

I found that if you're going to have trouble on the trail it works best to flop your rig. Then you can't get to your stuff anyway. Or it might all spill out on the ground making it easier to find what you need.

Top Bottom