CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Harbor Freight jack stands

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting some of the really tall jack stands, 12 ton I think. Anyway, I was going to look at them today and the only jack stands they list are the 3 ton aluminum ones.

Wonder if that's because of the recall or if it's a supply issue.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Please don’t buy harbor freight jack stands. We don’t want you to die

SnackPack

Autopilot
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the 6-ton ones a lot. I’ll often throw a pair under the frame even if I’ve put the axle on smaller stands.

The Fort Collins store has had jack stand supply issues since the recall. In fact I can’t find the 6-ton ones on the website anymore.

Don’t get me started on the nitrile glove supply...

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
the small ones where the recall.. i have the 12 ton ones from yrs ago when they where popular for a while... they seem fine, tho honestly, it's rare I use em......

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My 12 tons are at least 16 years old. Well, 2 are. My brother stole 2 while they were at his house. So 2 are 10 years old.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Now you guys are just making me sad/envious since they aren't selling them.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I do have those on my wish list. I was looking for the HF stands because I had a use for them this weekend. I'll have to post pictures of what we use now.

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ahh got it. I figured you'd have some monster stands in house anyways with the work trucks.

I have HF stands lined up outside the bay doors that don't get used anymore after the Sunex showed up/

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Ahh got it. I figured you'd have some monster stands in house anyways with the work trucks.

I have HF stands lined up outside the bay doors that don't get used anymore after the Sunex showed up/
Ironically, we don't have an impact with enough ooogah to remove the lug nuts on the C6500 trucks. So they never end up on stands at our shop.

This is what I have now. My father-in-law made them about 40 years ago. Granted I wouldn't lay under the truck with these. They're mostly used for pulling springs and axles.

20210124_140319.jpg

Top Bottom