CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Help Identifying Heads?

shish

Registered Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone, I have a 73 K5 Blazer that's both a lot of fun and a lot of work. I figured that my 350 was rebuilt but only recently learned that the heads are pre-'67, with no accessory mounts. This made replacing pulleys and belts a tedious process this weekend. Anyway, I did some research and was only able to determine that the heads are not camel hump. I haven't found any numbers but there is a stamp at the front that is a rectangle with a triangle on top. Can anybody tell just from that what they are? I could take a picture, if necessary. All input is appreciated, thanks!

Bent77

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What's up everyone, I have a 73 K5 Blazer that's both a lot of fun and a lot of work. I figured that my 350 was rebuilt but only recently learned that the heads are pre-'67, with no accessory mounts. This made replacing pulleys and belts a tedious process this weekend. Anyway, I did some research and was only able to determine that the heads are not camel hump. I haven't found any numbers but there is a stamp at the front that is a rectangle with a triangle on top. Can anybody tell just from that what they are? I could take a picture, if necessary. All input is appreciated, thanks!
Probably started off as power pack heads. You can pull a valve cover and get the number off the heads, but there is no way to tell if work has been done to the head without pulling it.

4X4HIGH

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Those are 283 heads. If you pull the valve cover and get the casting number I can tell you a lot more about them.

Vombrown

Mountain Man
Reaction score
yup, without the numbers from the head there is really no way to know. The outside castings are a great guide but there are so many differentiations that it is almost pointless to try and use them. I have been fooled lots of times. Pull the valve cover and the numbers will tell the tale. You might have a diamond in the rough or just a plain old 350...

shish

Registered Member
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for your input! I will pull the covers at some point and get those numbers.

Top Bottom