Help me chose. Give me the good and bad points you may have. Thanks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by google, Jul 8, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

I just got [​IMG] and I already have [​IMG]

The burb's tranny is in the back seat and needs to be rebuilt. It's a th400. Here is my delema. I'm not sure if I should canabalize the burb for the blazer or not. I could use the doors, hood, front end, fenders to make my blazer much more presentable. I could prolly use the drive shafts when I lift the blazer and the blazer also needs a power steering box and pump and steering column which the burb has. OR, should I rebuild the tranny and sell the burb? What would you pay for it if you didn't know that I got it at a GSA auction for $175. Think it would be worth doing that and using the money to pimp (4 wheel style) the blazer or just keep it as is and turn the blazer into a trail truck.

Just need some good points to help me make my choice on what I want to do. I'm just unsure.

Would the leaf springs on the burb lift the blazer at all?

What would the going rate be on the burb if I left it with nothing but rolling chassies?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, do a cheap rebuild on the th400 and sell that thing. You could score a lotta profit. nice body panels and chit are wasted on the k5 anyway right... rocks will take'em out eventually anyway.

j

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

TTT need some more advice or options I haven't come up with.

4. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I think you should take what you need from the burb and sell the rest. Its probably worth more in parts than whole IMO.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. You scored a deal on the 'Burb - fix the tranny and sell it. Take the $$ and do what you want to the Blazer. You canabalize the 'burb, you will have two POS stacks in your yard. plus its bad karma. :D