Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!! T-case overflowing!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jonny-K5, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i just read someone's post about checking/changing fluid in the transfer case..so i decided to check mine. i take out the upper plug and Whoosh! about 2 quarts come swirting out!
    the thing must have been jammed full of the stuff. does this mean my tranny seal is blown and its been pumping into the case? thats all i can think of.. any ideas?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If the t-case is over full, Id say the seal between the trans and case is shot. Have you noticed the trans using extra fluid?

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

thats what i was afraid of, my tranny hasnt been low it might have blown before i changed the fluid awile ago,i didnt check it before hand it hasent been low since.. but that probly causs my case was full. my truck has 140K and the tranny has been making noises lately ( reverse chatter sound) im thinking i should just rebuild the thing. anyone know of a good outlet? i remember hearing about some perfomance place, i think it was JET? anyone deal with them?