CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Hey RENE!!

Zeus33rd

Smarter than you
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
In this post over on Pirate, mj made reference to your home fabbed shackle flip design...

[ QUOTE ]
I like the job tRusty did by cutting the bottom out of the stock hanger and then extending the stock shackle to provide the need ed range of motion
low buck and works well enough to stuff the tire into the tub

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the story on this? Any pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Zeus33rd

Smarter than you
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Checked out your gallery and found a few pictures..

Is this as straight forward to do as it looks? What kinda springs are those? 57"ers? How much lift did that get you? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
1019shacklefulldroop.jpg

1019shacklefullstuff-med.jpg

1019hangercloseup.jpg

1019modifiedrearhanger.jpg

outlaw612

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I cant speak for Rene, but thats how I did mine and its as simple as cutting the bottom out and making sure that the shackle clears through the whole range of movement.

I do like how Rene braced his. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Zeus33rd

Smarter than you
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I cant speak for Rene, but thats how I did mine and its as simple as cutting the bottom out and making sure that the shackle clears through the whole range of movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part is easy to see...I'm mostly curious about the extened shackle and what springs he's using. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The longer shackle looks like one used to lower our trucks to the ground.

I don't know what springs those are. At first I thought they were 62" IFS springs but the rear hanger isn't moved back far enough.

OL14BLAZ

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

...what springs he's using. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ford 57's. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it's that easy.

Since you're a master welder I HIGHLY suggest you add as much plate as possible. Guys here have been running around with their hangers hacked for a long time without issues, but it just looks too scary to me.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I extended the stock shackle 1.5" using tubing. I reshaped the tubing with a BFH until it was a nice oval and matched the profile of the shackle...prepped the ends and welded it up.

I run the 57" Ford springs, the shackle hanger bracket is moved 2.5" back. The hanger is gusseted with some flat bar which was 2" x 14" IIRC.

The longer shackle helps a lot. a shorter shackle with those springs and it would have hit the hanger at one extreme or the other, but as it is now at full stuff or full droop the shackle still has a little room left. The 57's are so flexy, you need to be able to get 6" of swing out of the shackle to accomodate them. Unloaded they are a hair under 51" from eye to eye, and obviously they are 57" at their longest.

Rene

Top Bottom