CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

How about no front swaybar?

jess

Registered Member
Reaction score
How sloppy will my truck be with no sway bar and a 4 inch lift? Truck won't be a daily driver so I can handle some lean if it saves me on installing new bushings and a disconnect kit. Just don't want driving to be a constant pucker factor.

Okiemuddog

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I removed mine a while back when I had stiff Procomp springs, I had since changed to softer BDS springs. I noticed no difference with either set of springs. IMHO all the sway bar does it cut down on front flex, take it off, you won't regret it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

CHEVY 4WD

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just unbolt it from the U-bolt plates and drive it and see for your self... If you have stiff springs its not bad at all

samiam

Registered Member
Reaction score
Turned mine into a boat anchor about a year ago, never missed it.

Hossbaby50

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. I ran no swaybar on 2.5" lift (soft springs) and now on my 4.5" lift. The 2.5" was a little sloppier then I would have liked but with the 4.5" I have no problems even as a DD.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I got rid of mine 5 years ago...best 23 lb's I've ever chucked IMO.

Rene

jess

Registered Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I got rid of mine 5 years ago...best 23 lb's I've ever chucked IMO.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That's what I figured. Good, one less piece of undercarriage to scrape and paint.

Storm Trooper

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
I dumped mine a year or so ago and can't hardly tell. I have 4" tough country easy rides and it works great. I think you really only need it in a power turn situation.
Save weight and hassel.....dump it.
Now to hi-jack....hehe
What could we use them for?
A chin up bar?
Extra large horse shoe?
Roll bar for a go-cart?
Sorry.......I had to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Boomerang for a tough guy...

Rene

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I took mine off about 2 years ago. Never missed it since. I notice it when the top is on (hasn't been on for 18 months now) I had tough contry 4" springs and now 4" BDS, no problems for a daily driver. Best mod I ever made, also the worst being I replace the bushings in it 2 months before I ditched it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Just try it you'll like it.

(same will be said about a sawzall in a few weeks my friend /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif)

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I just hooked mine back up the other day, and i love the way it drives now, i had it disconnected when i did my front axle swap,(new ball joints,8 lug conversion,4.10 gears) it was quite weird, swayed alot, especially in curves and even worse in those curves with a decent bump in them. Even driving straight, the truck would sway side to side and got real bad when i hit bumps. I didn't like the way it drove, but i loved the way it flexed when wheelin. I have decided to go ahead with the sway bar disco's. Much nicer ride with it connected, but also sucks now that it is connected when wheelin.

BTW, mine is a Burb, that may have something to do with it, alittle bigger ass, may sway a bit more than a Blazer.

Top Bottom